Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Finally finished the tank...

I found some time to finish the tank up for the '40.  I added a baffle before everything was welded tight.  Since the outlet was at the front of the tank for plumbing convenience, I didn't want to starve it when the truck was accelerating.

I also found these weld in tank fittings at mcmaster.com that made things quite a bit easier.

I added some mounts to securely attach it to the bed frame.  I originally wanted to attach to the chassis, but the way I built it and where the tank is located, it would have been very difficult to do without adding a unnecessary cross member.