Thursday, August 30, 2012

'40 fender fix...

The driver's read fender developed a little issue recently.  I half-ass attempted to repair it but it didn't work...shocker.  So, I finally took the time and fixed it right.  The underlying problem is how thin the original fenders are.  I should have started with better metal, but it's too late now.

The majority of the weld was ground off with a thick cut off wheel in the die grinder.  I find that a typical "body" grinder puts way too much heat into the panel and actually very rarely use one.  To finish this off, I'll go back and use a right angle die grinder with a 1 1/2" diameter 60 grit disk.