Thursday, September 13, 2012

1030-1C....

I went to go attempt to download a new program to the Fadal last week and all that I got was a communication error.  Apparently with everything turned off, even the computer, a power surge can come though the RS232 port and take out the 1030 communications board.  Guess it's time to invest into one of these....I never knew you could get a RS232 surge protector.

I was able to find another board...actually two of them...from the west coast and it showed up yesterday.  It didn't take any time to install and I was back up running.  Thanks Jon!



The original board was re-manufactured at one point.  I suspect this isn't the first time this has happened.  I am going to send it to fadalvmcparts.com to see if it can be repaired.  I have dealt with these guys previously and would recommend them to anyone with Fadal issues.  They have great support and fast turn around.