Here are some more progress pictures. I've been trying to just get the wiring routed to where it needs to go and in the loom before I complete all of the necessary connections. However, what inevitably seems to happen is that I forget to run at least one wire and have to tear to loom back apart. This is especially true with using the original Opel switches and components. All that I can say is that the original Opel harness is quite a work of electrical engineering.
The cloth wire loom is a great product that I have been using for years. The best place I have found to get it is either from Rhode Island Wire or TP Tools. I prefer this over what else is available, it just gives the overall wiring a bit more of a factory look.