Monday, June 2, 2014

Shop art....


A couple of years ago, I was able to acquire the Formula SAE car from my senior year of college.  I was team captain that year and devoted way too much of my time getting this thing running.  My GPA certainly took a hit because of it too...still it was a great experience and I highly recommend any student to get involved.  We were able to place 7th out of 140 schools, which, at the time, we didn't think was too shabby.

I had grand visions of getting this thing running and taking it to some auto crosses. Maybe competing in some SCCA solo events.  But, the more I thought about it, why spend so much time trying to get this car back on the track when there really isn't any class for it?  It's not like I could take it to an open track day since it more than likely would pass any type of tech.  If I am going to invest my time in a racer, it's going to be a bit more legit...maybe one of these days...

So, for now at least, it's going to hang on the wall