Friday, July 8, 2016


On this truck rewire, the customer wanted to have a switch mounted for the heater.  Since there really wasn't place in the dash for one, I decided to make up a switch mount that attached underneath.

I first started by bending a 90 degree flange and then hammered some shape over a piece of steel rod mounted in the vise.

I then used a socket as a form to hammer a relief around where each switch was going to go.

Initially, I focused on getting the rough shape then went back to planish and fine tune.  This was followed up by grinding with a 2" air powered abrasive wheel and some hand filing.

The ends were welded on and ground down...

The panel fit fairly well and doesn't distract from the overall look of the interior.

With a little bit of paint and the wires hooked up, it's ready to use.