I wanted to move the box onto the top off the frame. Normally, the box is mounted on the inside and the sector sticks through.
After a bit of measuring, some CAD work and several 3d printed prototypes, I finally settled on a mount the I liked.
The mount clamps onto the the steering box so the original mounting flange ad to be machined off. While I had thee part in the lathe, it was a good time to do the needle roller bearing upgrade.
After several test fits, there was a bit of trimming required...
Also, I felt that the column was too long, so, 1-1/2" had to come off.
After everything was reassembled, I made the top clamp and bolted it up. The pitman arm needed a bit of "tweeking" to clear but other than that, it worked great.