Monday, March 11, 2013

Opel progress...

This was a productive weekend on the Opel.  All of the exterior lights are working.  Brake lights, running light and turn signals front and back are done.  Also, the back up lights, license plate lights and wipers are operational.

It's incredibly difficult to take a picture of a flashing left rear turn signal...


I also was able to get a start on the dash board.  here is what it looking like when I received it...


Luckily, I had an easy to read diagram...

I initially tried to save some of the wiring and ultimately reuse it, but after about 15 minutes of trying to clean things up, I couldn't take it and removed it all to start from scratch.  After a couple of hours of crimping, soldering and heat shrinking, this is was it looks like now.  It's only about 1/2 way done...



I did get to plug it in to the harness and confirm that the dash lights and indicators all function like they are suppose to.  I did have a couple of wires switched on the wiper motor, but that didn't take too long to diagnose and now they work with the switch like intended.