Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Flathead T5 aapter progress....

So, I started sketching the bellhousing for the Flathead to T5 adapter.  Here is a little teaser of the progress...


The more that I mock this up, the more apparent it becomes that there might be input shaft modifications required.  I fear that this setup is getting too long to be able to fit in the original Ford configuration  One possible solution is to offer a new input shaft that is significantly sorter than the original S-10.  This concept is attractive because if I went through the trouble of making a new input shaft, I would use the original Ford spline configuration so that the clutch disc would not have to be changed.  The other option is to require the torque tube to be shortened.  Either way, there are still quite a bit of details that need to be worked out.