Finally, I am at a point where I can spend sometime on my own projects. I picked this 240 wagon up about 8 years ago from a really nice old lady. She made me promise that I would take care of her car when I bought it.
So, out came the original 2.3l and I dove head first into making a fun, reliable, standard shift daily. Well, after a couple months of working on it, customer's projects kept coming in. I eventually push it out beside the build and it sat for 3 years.
Before pushing it out, I was able to get the engine bolted in, completely rewire the car, figure out the majority of the hard stuff like accessory drives, exhaust and mount a clutch pedal. Initially, I wanted to run stock truck manifolds but the flanges interfered with the frame. At the time, the aftermarket manifolds weren't readily available, so I decided to build some headers.
One of the downfalls with Volvo 240's is the wiring. I did not want any wiring issues so it was completely rewired with a new aftermarket harness. I did have to purchase the 133page volvo wiring schematic manual to figure out how to get all of the original switch to work with basically a GM aftermarket harness.